It’s 2016. 2016. Where does the time go? I feel old. I am old. However, despite the fact that I feel old, it’s not going to stop me from having one heck of an AMAZING year! I swear, each year truly gets better & better. My kids are so much fun and I enjoy every second with them. I have a feeling that this year will not disappoint. Hendrix’s personality is really starting to shine through and is turning into a real, little person 😉 He’ll be running around by summer time […this makes me a tiny bit sad] and we’ll be able to do a ton of fun things as a family this summer!
Remember my goals for 2016? Well I am planning to ROCK them all! I’ve been checking out & lightly researching cameras. I don’t really know much about cameras, so I sort of feel like I’m being spoken to in some strange tongue when I listen to the camera experts explain different cameras. I’m sure my “deer in the headlights” look says it all when I’m listening to them.
Here are my wants/needs in a camera:
- Easy to use. No brainer. I am clearly not a camera expert and need something very user friendly.
- Better photo quality than my iPhone. Currently my sole camera source is my iPhone and while it takes decent pictures, there are definitely times when a really good camera would be key. I’d love to take better pictures of my kids & would eventually like to morph this blog into a food blog and would like to be able to take/post more professional like pictures. iPhone editing apps can only take you so far.
- Decently priced. I’m not willing to spend an arm& a leg buying a camera. I want something that has good bang for it’s buck, but I want to be conscious about price. Since I’m not a professional photographer, I don’t want/need to spend hundreds of dollars on a camera.
- Wi-Fi. I’d LOVE to have a camera that has wi-fi capability, but if I find a great camera without wi-fi, it wouldn’t be a deal breaker.
- DSLR. I’d love to have a nice DSLR camera, but I totally understand that they are pricier that a good “point & shoot” camera.
So there you have it…my needs/wants when considering a new camera. Here are a few that people have recommended to me:
- Cannon 600D
- Nikon D600
- Nikon D3300
- Sony point & shoots were recommended to me by a “camera expert”
Back to rocking goals…I’m trying my hardest to workout & eat healthy. Granted, we’re only 4 days into 2016, but you have to start somewhere, right? I started doing this workout again and I’m feeling GREAT! I’m really hoping to continue on this path and workout 4-5 days per week or as time allows. Here are my specific goals for 2016:
- I’d like to continue to workout at minimum 4 days per week. Obviously there are certain times during the year that get busy and this my be challenging, but I think 4 days [preferably 5 days] of intense workouts per week is doable.
- Lose 8lbs. I know, I know, I’m not “fat” or overweight, but I definitely think I could shed some lbs. And, truthfully, in a year 8 pounds is pretty minimal.
- Tone up.
- Run 2 races this year. A 5K and a 10K…in hopes of someday being able to run a half marathon.
There it is folks…some specific goals of mine. I hope to post monthly on how I’m doing, where I’m at & what I’m struggling with. I want to stay accountable and I want to stay on track!
Hope everyone’s 2016 is off to a fantastic start!
Bake At Home Mama