In stereotypical fashion, I along with every other human am making some goals for myself in 2016. I do this every year and typically only last a month. But, I’m feeling extra determined this year.
This year, I plan to make simple, attainable & realistic goals for myself. I think too often, we tend to make goals that sound great or look good on paper, but when it comes down to it they aren’t very realistic or attainable, which in turn allows us to become frustrated and in my case, simply give up.
Without further adieu, here are my 2016 goals [in absolutely no particular order]:
- Pictures! Yes, I am that Mom that takes 151631 pictures of her kids. I can’t help it – I don’t want to miss out or forget anything! However, the iPhone that I use to take said pictures doesn’t always cut it, so I want to be more mindful about using [& maybe even purchasing] a better camera. It might sound like a ridiculous goal, but it’s something that I continually find myself wanting…and I know it’s realistic and attainable! I just need to DO it. Side Note: Does anyone have any recommendations on cameras? Something nice, but not to expensive. And I’d love to find something with wi-fi capability.
- Get healthy! Alright, I know what you’re thinking…another person vowing to diet and lose tons of weight…but no, that’s not my plan. I know that it’s not realistic for me to say I will work out everyday, eat only fruits & veggies & cut out all sweets, it simply won’t happen. However, I know that I need to incorporate more workouts, fruits, veggies & healthy proteins into my daily routine as well as cut out some of those sweets. Realistic? Yes. A challenge? HELL YES. Am I ready? Absolutely. It’s been a while since I’ve felt comfortable in my skin and that needs to change. I want to feel good, look good & most importantly, BE HEALTHY. Not just for me, but for my kids & family…I want to be around as long as I can to bug the crap out of them 🙂 I’ve been pondering getting the 21-Day Fix…anyone have any thoughts? I’ve heard SO many awesome things about it & it just might be the kick-in-the-pants I need to get started off on the right foot.
- Blog more. I know, I know – I say this EVERY year, but it’s true, I really want to get back to being a more routine blogger. It’s something I LOVE to do and need to MAKE time to do so. Don’t get me wrong, you won’t see a post from me every day or every other day, but a weekly post is most definitely do-able.
- Meal Planning. Alright, so I try to be on top of my meal planning, but definitely have times [such as this week] where I totally drop the ball. I want to make sure I stay on top of this as it’s a HUGE time -saver and I think it will help with eating healthier. I find that when I don’t plan my meals out, we tend to throw in a pizza or grab take-out. It’s fine to have a pizza/take out occasionally, but I really want to be on the meal-planning ball this year.
- Quite possibly the biggest, most challenging & MOST important goal…PATIENCE. I’d say [& think most of my family & friends would agree with me] that I’m a fairly patient person. However, I’ve noticed since having Had Hendrix, I’m much less patient with Dafney & the Hubby than I’d like to be [or need to be]. I always feel so bad & guilty when I snap at Dafney for not listening or snap at my Hubby when I have to repeat myself [for the 3rd time]. It’s something that I KNOW I need to work on and want to get better at.
So, how do I plan to stay on track? Well, I hope to update on these things throughout the year with where I’m at with each. Accountability is such a wonderful thing. But, I also want to make myself a vision board. For those of you unfamiliar with what a vision board is, let me [attempt to] explain.
Basically it’s a board where you can pin pictures, verbiage, sayings, etc. of your goals. For example, my board might include: pictures of my kids, pictures of nice cameras, fun pictures of fruits/veggies or other healthy foods, a picture of Jillian Michaels, pictures of people working out, some favorite healthy recipes, sayings such as “the only workout you’ll regret is the one you don’t do”, “patience is a virtue”, etc. Make sense? I would then put my board somewhere in my house where I would see it everyday. It would help remind me of the goals I set and in theory, help to motivate me each & every day!
So, there you have it…my 2016 goals!
What are some of YOUR goals?
Wishing everyone a wonderful & SAFE New Year’s!
Bake At Home Mama